HYDRA - Multi-channel Video Streamer / Server
The system is designed for video surveillance in harsh environments and is suitable for use in both static and vehicle installations.
The HYDRA system produces an industry standard MPEG-4 video plus audio stream using a standard RTP/RTSP IP stream. The HYDRA can be customized with additional application software if required for specialist installations.
The HYDRA is configured and controlled using a series of HTML web pages which are viewed on any web browser. The control screens enable the user to optimize the compression settings to suit networks with different bandwidth capabilities.
HYDRA Configuration / Control Screens
The main System Status page shows which channels have detected a valid video input signal. The Status page also indicates the 'blind video' status – which means that the system has sensed that more than 90% of the screen area is the same color. This can be useful to sense/detect when a camera has been covered (obscured).
- Up to 12 channels of live video inputs (PAL/NTSC).
- Single channel audio input.
- MPEG-4 video compression option:
- 12 channels at D1 image size at 1/4 frame rate (7.5fps NTSC or 6.25fps PAL)
- 9 channels at D1 image size at 1/3 frame rate (10fps NTSC or 8.3fps PAL)
- 9 – 40v DC powered operation with supply transient protection.
- Industry standard RTP/RTSP video/audio stream.
- HTML configuration management screens.
- Standard 10/100baseT Ethernet LAN port.
- MIL-STD-810F environmental compliance.
- Wide operating temperature range (-20°C to +50°C).
- Environmental protection – IP54.
- EMC CE compliant.
- STANAG 2338 Infrared Reflective paint finish.
- Up to 12 channel composite video input channels Standard CCIR601-NTSC, CCIR-PAL, Software selectable brightness, contrast and saturation control.
- 1V peak-to-peak (75ohms input impedance).
- MPEG-4 video compression.
- ISO/IEC 14496-2, MPEG-4 ASP @ LEVEL5.
- 9 channel mode D1 size images at 1/3 frame rate.
- 12 channel mode D1 size images at 1/4 frame rate.
- Programmable I-frame interval, quality level and bit rate.
IP Stream Latency
- 800ms (typ).
- Based on 12 PAL channel inputs with encoding at D1 resolution, ¼ frame rate at 3Mbps /channel
- Voice quality mono (1Vrms)
- Provides Audio/Video Synchronisation
- 8bit 8KHz u-Law 64Kbps.
- IEEE802.3 10/100baseT.
- 9 to 40v DC.
- 1.2A at 24v (typ.) or 2.0A at 12v (typ.) - 30W.
- Protected against reverse voltage, over voltage and transients.
- -20°C to +50°C.
- Passive cooling (no fans).
- 260mm (length), 165mm (high), 180mm (wide) (Weight : 4.05Kg) Anodized aluminium alloy extrusion enclosure Rubber base-plate and stainless steel fixings End plates sealed with rubber gasket.
- STANAG 2338 compliant Infrared Reflective Paint.